Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
We are looking for a Business Development Manager (BDM) to work closely with our Chief Commercial Officer to grow Epic’s project portfolio and increase the adoption of water sustainability throughout the built environment.
The BDM will be in a small but growing sales team, where you will guide potential customers through the buying process, helping to identify and qualify prospects and convert them to customers. In this client-facing role, an ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at researching leads, building new relationships, and creating sales opportunities. The BDM should be a quick learner with strong communication skills and have the ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way.
The ideal candidate is an experienced professional with knowledge of sales and customer service best practices. The BDM should also be able to interpret sales metrics and be goal-oriented. We expect you to perform well in a team environment and have exceptional people skills.
Ultimately, the BDM should be able to contribute to creating and maintaining good customer relationships and ensuring smooth sales team operations.
- Generate new sales opportunities and build relationships by nurturing prospects and finding new potential leads
- Represent the Epic brand, including our team, our products, and our services
- Boost top-line revenue growth and profitability by supporting the end-to-end solution
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of how our solutions create value for our customers and effectively communicate the value proposition while confidently addressing objections and competitive questions
- Create target prospects lists, identify key players, understand their needs, present solutions to begin the sales cycle
- Prepare and deliver pitches and presentations to foster interest with new clients
- Engage clients through a consultative selling approach to understand needs, goals, and constraints
- Work with the sales team to craft winning proposals and other compelling sales content
- Conduct market research to increase market share and identify new markets for sales growth
- Diligently update Hubspot, our CRM, to stay current on leads and follow-ups
- Drive, grit, team-oriented: strong desire to compete and win
- High level of integrity and a strong commitment to building a best-in-class company
- Strong communication skills via phone and email
- Aptitude to manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently while achieving broader sales goals
- Refined networking skills
- Ability to foster meaningful relationships with clients and channel partners
- Passion for sustainability and improving cities through innovation
- Prior experience in sales with a track record of meeting or exceeding expectations
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and desire to collaborate
- Upward growth potential and ability to take on new responsibilities
- 4-6 years of industry experience, with a history of exceeding sales goals
- Experience in wastewater, urban development, proptech and/or cleantech is highly preferred
Family and Health Come First
Our work is important, but we also recognize that taking care of ourselves and our loved ones is essential to overall well being, both at home and at work. Companies have a choice when it comes to promoting wellness and work-life balance, that’s why we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits for every employee. We also provide 50% paid coverage for your dependents.
- Paid parental leave, because growing your family and advancing your career should go hand in hand.
- Flexible time off. We believe that some of our best thinking happens when we’re not working, so we encourage vacation, exploration, and relaxation. We don’t put a limit on how many days you need because we trust that you know what’s best for you to thrive at work and in life.
- Matching 401K, to ensure that we can help you plan for the future.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.